Friday, August 31, 2007

No Vito This Weekend

I will not be behind the bar this Labor Day weekend. Instead I am traveling to the Black Rock desert to partake in the Burning Man festival. Your first question, I'm sure, is: Aren't you too old for Burning Man? The answer is yes. I am. And normally this isn't something I would be interested in doing but the opportunity was too good to resist.

It's first class Burning Man for me. I'm travelling with some of the cast of ER. Once people heard they wanted to go, the previously sold-out El Monte RV just happened to find a vehicle for us and then got Vons on board to stock the ship full of necessities. Some of the items aboard the RV? 36 gallons of water, bikes, backpacks, food for an army, vodka and beer.

We're flying to Reno tonight. A passenger van then picks us all up and takes us the hour and a half north to Black Rock City where the RV will be all set-up and waiting for us. We just have to try to not die in the following 48 hours.

Wish me luck.

No comments: